Kendal’s groundbreaking International Comic Art Festival celebrates comic art from all over the world – and it’s the only event of its kind in the UK.
Each year during the festival, our town comes alive with creativity that all ages can enjoy, in venues throughout the town. The festival features international comic artists and creators, as well as live drawing events, film, exhibitions, comic trails, performances, workshops, masterclasses and family zone activities. Visitors have the chance to get up close and personal with some of the world’s best known comic artists and writers – seeing them create, hearing them speak and being inspired by an enthusiastic crowd.
We are excited to announce that the festival will be returning once again next year with confirmed dates of Friday 9th October – Sunday 11th October 2020.
Each year the festival includes…
- Live drawing from some of the biggest international comic artists
- Talks, presentations and masterclasses
- A comic marketplace – newly extended for 2018 with the big names and independent publishers
- Comic signings with artists, writers and creators
- A family-zone packed with activities for young, budding artists and comic art fans
- Comic art exhibitions in our gallery spaces
- International comic book launches – be the first to get your hands on the latest releases
- Comic-themed films – the festival has three state-of-the-art cinema screens
- Comic art trail throughout the town of Kendal
- The Friday Sessions with talks and debates featuring leading comic creators
- Evening entertainment, music, comedy and cabaret
- Fantastic selection of restaurants, cafés and pubs
The whole town takes part in the Comic Art Festival – with artistic displays in shop windows and a friendly, welcoming vibe. It’s an event not to miss!
Visit the festival website to plan your visit.