Kendal is great for groups. Our streets are alive with arts, events and culture packed with intriguing history and renowned for great shopping. This guide will help your plan your next group visit to Kendal.
Many of our attractions offer special rates and incentives for groups and their organisers. Ask the individual museums and galleries for more information on booking.
Kendal has excellent transport links and is easily accessible by road and rail. It’s ideal for a stand alone group visit or use Kendal as a base for visiting the nearby Lake District, Yorkshire Dales or the North West. The Lake District National Park boundary is under a mile away and it’s just a short distance to Bowness-on-Windermere (10 miles), Ambleside (13 miles), Hawkshead (17 miles) or Grasmere (19 miles).
See our Getting Around page for more useful information about travelling to Kendal.
We hope you and your passengers have a fabulous stay in Kendal, whether it is for a few hours or a few days.
Kendal BID have teamed up with Better Leisure (Kendal Leisure Centre) and Fantastic Kendal (Kendal Tourist Information Centre) to make coach parking seamless.
Book your coach parking with Fantastic Kendal, open 7 days a week.
- Tel: 01539 725139
- Email: email@example.com
Fantastic Kendal will ensure that you are booked in to the coach park and will send you the following:
- A map to ensure your driver knows where to park
- A gift card for the driver to spend in Kendal at nearly 150 shops
- A free parking notice for the car park
- A notification to present at the reception of Better Leisure allowing the driver to use the facilities for free whilst the coach is parked in the car park
- A taxi code and a taxi number so that the driver can call a taxi to take them into town and again to get a lift back. This is for your convenience and is completely free.
Coach parking is also available at:
Abbot Hall Art Gallery
Peppercorn Lane, Kendal, LA9 5AL
Pre-booking preferred on 01539 722464
4 hours £8 and full day £15
Free if visiting Abbot Hall Art Gallery or Museum of Lakeland Life
Milnthorpe Road, Kendal, LA9 5AY
Parking available at weekends, public holidays and all week during college holiday periods.
Pay and display machine in operation
£15 full day
Coach Set Down Points
Behind Blackhall Road Car Park
near Majestic Wine Warehouse (LA9 4BT)
Highgate (Kendal Town Centre)
by the Shakespeare Inn (LA9 4HE)