THE ultimate social gathering for outdoor enthusiasts – with a world-class programme of films and talks from international adventurers.
Kendal Mountain Festival is a four-day celebration of outdoor culture: films, speakers, literature and art. The most diverse festival of its type in the world, it brings together filmmakers, adventurers and lecturers in the uniting aim of inspiring more people to explore, enjoy and represent mountains, wilderness and their cultures.
Whether you’re into clawing your way up mountains, sliding down them, jumping off the top – or just watching others do it – this gathering of adventure sports fans is a must. Kendal Mountain Festival has been going since the 1980s and these days over 12,000 people head for the Lake District town each November to catch up on all things adrenaline. The event is truly international with filmmakers, adventurers and lecturers gathering from around the world. Rub shoulders with your heroes – films are at the core of the event, with numerous world, European and UK premieres, plus a Family Adventure programme to get the kids inspired. And it’s also renowned as THE main social event for outdoor enthusiasts in the UK.
The 2017 was a huge success and images from the event can be seen here with highlights including:
- The Art of Survival with Megan Hine and Aldo Kane
- Free Family Adventure Film sessions
- Patagonia Adventure Activist Tour – featuring renowned climber and Patagonia’s vice president of environmental affairs Rick Ridgeway and Olympic rower, world class.
- Adam Ondra, fresh from completing the first 9c and arguably the best climber in the world.
- World record breaking cyclist Mark Beaumont, fresh from his successful and unbelievable ‘Around the World in 80 Days’ cycle ride.
- Black Diamond Alpine Session – back for 2017, the Black Diamond Alpine session aims to entertain and inspire with a packed session of guest speakers and film screenings. This year, on stage we have Fanny Schmutz reliving extreme alpinism in the Garhwal Himalaya alongside Andy Houseman.
- Jim Herrington, The Climbers – nearly 20 years in the making, Jim Herrington launches his book of stunning portraits of climbers and mountaineers from the Golden Age in this exclusive UK launch.
- Mammut Mountain Speed Session with special Swiss guests – speed climber Dani Arnold and big mountain skier Jérémie Heitz.
- The Inov-8 Fell Running Session is new for 2017, featuring top speakers and films showcasing the world of fell-running – a Kendal local special!
- Petzl Underground Session – presenting ‘Under the Borneo Rainforest‘ with special guests.
- Plus much, much more…