Visiting Kendal by car?
Welcome to our comprehensive guide on parking in Kendal. Here you’ll find everything you need to know about parking options, locations, and helpful tips to make your visit to Kendal hassle-free and enjoyable.
There are plenty of parking options available in town including the following options managed by the local council.
You can pay with cash and card all of these car parks except where stated below. For the car parks run by the local council there is also the option to Pay for parking by phone, purchase a three or seven day parking pass or a parking permit.
If you’d like more information, follow the link and it will open on a new tab.
- Booths | LA9 4DG
- Westmorland Shopping Centre – Multistorey (pay by cash only or card at the enquiry desk) | LA9 4BT
- Blackhall Road| LA9 4BT
- Highgate (Kendal Bowmans) |LA94EN
- Dowker’s Lane | LA94DN
- Library Road | LA94QB
- Kendal Snowsports Club (pay by card only) | LA97BY
- Low Fellside | LA94JH
- Sandes Avenue | LA96BL
- Peppercorn Lane | LA95AQ
- South Lakeland House – Multistorey | LA94DH
- Wainwright’s Yard | LA94DG
- Brewery Arts (pay by cash only) | LA94HE
- Kendal Museum (pay by cash only) | LA96BT
- Kendal College Main Campus (pay by cash only) | LA95AY
- Parish Church | LA95AF
- Halgarth Circle | LA95NU
Other parking options
- Busher Walk car park | LA9 4RL
- Stricklandgate House | LA9 4QB
- Kendal Fell car park | LA9 4QB
- Scout Scar car park | LA8
- Kendal Station | LA9 6BT | 4 spaces
Electric Vehicle Charging:
Fuuse Charging Station | Stricklandgate House, Library Rd, Kendal LA9 4QB
If you’re bringing a group to Kendal by Coach, Kendal Leisure Centre offers coach parking. For up to 8 hours the cost is £12.50 and for 8 + hours and overnight the cost is £25.00. Please email them to arrange your parking in advance Kendal Leisure Kendal.Leisure@GLL.ORG
If you prefer to leave the car at home, Kendal is easily accessed on public transport.