South Lakeland Equality and Diversity Partnership (SLEDP) will support the holding of two sessions at home every day during Inter Faith Week which takes place across the week from 8th – 15th November.
The sessions will run at 7am and 7pm for half an hour each day. They are free and everyone is welcome to join.
Inter Faith Week aims to:
- Strengthen good inter faith relations at all levels
- Increase awareness of the different and distinct faith communities in the UK, in particular celebrating and building on the contribution which their members make to their neighbourhoods and to wider society
- Increase understanding between people of religious and non-religious beliefs
Please feel welcome to read The Golden Rule and to undertake an appropriate practice from any faith or none (eg chanting, meditation, reading, reciting). The Golden Rule is available at http://www.worldfaiths.org/our-poster/
The aims of South Lakeland Equality and Diversity Partnership are to:
• Seek to reduce inequality on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, rurality and religion/ belief
• Celebrate diversity and reduce discrimination
• Improve the life chances and opportunities for people who live, work and visit South Lakeland
Further information and to take part in Inter Faith week please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org