Discover Kendal’s music scene – an ever-evolving programme of international musicians and ensembles – from classical to experimental – in some of Kendal’s loveliest venues.
Kendal and the Lake District have a long heritage of painting and literature – over decades, the Lake District Summer Music Festival has brought a unique musical focus each year with its programme of performances in many of the area’s loveliest venues.
For 2019, the Lake District Summer Music festival will be holding several events in Kendal:
- Chorus from the RNCM vocal department | Kendal Town Hall | Sunday 28th July 2019 | 3pm
- Carducci Quartet 1 | Stricklandgate Methodist Church | Sunday 28th July 2019 | 7.30pm
- Metropolis | St George’s Church | Wednesday 31st July 2019 | 7.30pm
- Leonardo: Shaping the Invisible | St George’s Church | Friday 2nd August 2019 | 7.30pm
- Ruskin & Music | St Thomas’s Church | Sunday 4th August 2019 | 7.30pm
- Marmen Quartet 1 | St Thomas’s Church | Monday 5th August 2018 | 8pm
- Raphael Wallfisch, John York and Kristiana Ignatjeva | St Thomas’s Church | Thursday 8th August 2018 | 8pm
See the Lake District Summer Music website for full details and tickets.