Kendal is once again playing host to an action packed calendar of events and festivals this year.
These events bring an influx of people to our town and provide business opportunities for local businesses in and around Kendal town centre.
Here is a list of the main events taking place in Kendal this year along with the dates on which they will be held.
- 10th – 12th May 2019 – Kendal Walking Festival
- 16th – 19th May 2019 – Freerange Comedy Festival
- 1st – 2nd June 2019 – Country Festival
- 22nd June 2019 – Kendal Unity Festival
- 23rd June – Armed Forces Day
- July – August – Summer Trails (details coming soon)
- 25th – 28th July 2019 – Kendal Calling
- 27th July – 9th August 2019 – Lake District Summer Music Festival
- 6th – 8th September 2019 – Lakes Alive Festival
- 12th September 2019 – Westmorland County Show
- 27th – 28th September 2019 – Kendal Torchlight Carnival
- 11th – 13th October 2019 – Lakes International Comic Arts Festival
- 26th – 27th October 2019 – Kendal Wool Gathering
- 14th – 17th November 2019 – Kendal Mountain Festival
- 14th – 17th November 2019 – Kendal Mountain Literature Festival
More events can be viewed on the Visit Kendal What’s On Calendar.
Supporting Local Events
Local businesses can support and maximise the business opportunities these events provide in many ways. Here are a few quick suggestions:
- Consider extending business opening hours to maximise sales over busy event weekends.
- Tailor business window displays to align with the theme of events, there are lots of ways to do this from simply re-arranging products to focus on those most suitable to event attendees, to working with local community groups to design posters and artwork to display. Speak to event organisers if you are happy to display promotional material.
- Create special promotions or products for the duration of events; feel free to share these with us and we will promote them on the Visit Kendal website. We also recommend sharing any promotions with the event organisers to share directly with their ticket holders.
- If your business has parking availability that you can share with event goers, we recommend sharing this with event organisers.
- If your business premises has break-out space available or you are happy to offer private hire, we recommend sharing this information with event organisers as we are aware that they are often looking for pop-up space opportunities. We are also happy to feature these spaces on the Visit Kendal website within the hospitality section. Simply send us an email with details.
Hosting an Event in Kendal
If your business is hosting an event, add it to the Visit Kendal What’s On Calendar by following this guide. Drop us an email with an image for your event and we may also feature it on the website homepage!