Kendal is once again playing host to an action packed calendar of events and festivals this year.
These events bring an influx of people to our town and provide business opportunities for local businesses in and around Kendal town centre.
Here is a list of the main events taking place in Kendal this year along with the dates on which they will be held:
- 10th – 12th May 2019 – Kendal Walking Festival
- 16th – 19th May 2019 – Freerange Comedy Festival
- 25th – 27th May 2019 – Factory Food & Drink Festival
- 1st – 2nd June 2019 – County Festival
- 22nd June 2019 – Kendal Unity Festival
- 25th – 28th July 2019 – Kendal Calling
- 27th July – 9th August 2019 – Lake District Summer Music Festival
- 6th – 8th September 2019 – Lakes Alive Festival
- 12th September 2019 – Westmorland County Show
- 13th – 14th September 2019 – Kendal Torchlight Carnival
- 11th – 13th October 2019 – Lakes International Comic Arts Festival
- 26th – 27th October 2019 – Kendal Wool Gathering
- 14th – 17th November 2019 – Kendal Mountain Festival
- 14th – 17th November 2019 – Kendal Mountain Literature Festival
More events can be viewed on the Visit Kendal What’s On Calendar.
Local businesses can support and maximise the business opportunities these events provide in many ways. Here are a few suggestions:
- Consider extending business opening hours to maximise sales over busy event weekends, for example some of the festival events start early in the morning and coffee shops could benefit from opening their doors earlier on certain days.
- Tailor business window displays to align with the theme of events, there are lots of ways to do this from simply re-arranging products to focus on those most suitable to event attendees, to working with local community groups to design posters and artwork to display.
- Explore creating special promotions or products for the duration of events; feel free to share these with us and we will promote them on the Visit Kendal website. We also recommend sharing any promotions with the event organisers to share directly with their ticket holders.
- If your business has parking availability that you can share with event goers, we recommend sharing this with event organisers.
- If your business premises has break-out space available or you are happy to offer private hire, we recommend sharing this information with event organisers as we are aware that they are often looking for pop-up space opportunities. We are also happy to feature these on the Visit Kendal website within the hospitality section.