- Lakes Alive – Kendal town centre comes alive from 8th – 10th September – expect light installations, dance shows and music during this free family friendly festival.
- Westmorland County Show – taking place on the 14th September – the Westmorland County show is a spectacular annual gathering. Situated in Crooklands, Kendal is a great place to stay if you are visiting the show – with free buses running from our town centre.
- Kendal Torchlight – now in it’s 47th year, the Kendal Torchlight is a must for your calendar – the friday evening procession takes place on 15th September and showcases local businesses, dance troupes, schools and organisations.
- Lakes Comic Festival – taking place in the Brewery Arts Centre from 13th – 15th October – the festival features international comic artists. Pop along for live drawing, exhibitions, workshops and performances.
- Beerfest – Taking place at The Factory Tap from 26th – 29th October with a special celebration of Gin on Saturday 28th October.
- Kendal Wool Gathering – head to Kendal Leisure Centre over the weekend of 28th – 29th October to celebrate our town’s wool heritage.
- Kendal Rugby Club – Bonfire Night Opening – head to Kendal Rugby Club’s spectacular new stadium for a family friendly evening of fireworks and celebrations on 3rd November.
- Kendal Mountain Festival – a celebration of adventure, exploration and a love for the great outdoors – from 16th – 19th November. A chance to meet your heroes and watch inspiring films, not one to be missed!
- Kendal Mountain Literature Festival – new for 2017, this celebration of nature and mountain writing takes place between 17th – 19th November with over 20 literary events.
- Christmas Lights Switch On – this year the exciting lights switch on, will take place on the 19th November from 4.45pm, with Festive food, reindeers and a parade – it isn’t an event to miss!